FACTS ON INDIAN ALMOND
- Almond leaves are great for the skin. If you add almond oil or almond milk to your skincare regime, it will make your skin softer, more supple and flawless. You can also massage almond oil into your skin.
- Almonds contain minerals like potassium, folic acid, protein, mono saturated fats and vitamin E. One ounce of almonds contains 35 percent of the daily intake of vitamin E. Vitamin E is believed to protect the body’s cells from cancer, heart disease, and aging. Hence eating them can significantly reduce your chances of heart diseases.
- If you are in the habit of consuming cups of coffee and energy drinks to get a boost of energy, try eating almonds instead! Riboflavin, copper and manganese in the nuts will give you stamina.
- Like blueberries and pomegranates, almonds are superfoods that can help reduce weight significantly. Drink unsweetened almond milk for faster weight loss.
- Almonds regulate your blood pressure because they are high in potassium and low in sodium. They also help in keeping your cholesterol levels in check.
- Studies carried out by the American Institute for Cancer Research and the World Cancer Research Fund have revealed that almonds had several substances as their chemical constituents which could be useful in the prevention of cancer.
Uses of almond oil:
Indians believe that use of almond oil has following benefits:
• Strengthens brain and nerves, is a nutrient,
• Relieves tension
• Strengthens brain power
• Good for heart
• Keeps body warm in winter
• Nourishes skin
• Prenatal and postnatal care
• Helps build stronger bones as it contains higher content of Ca, Fe and P
• Good for infants
• Improves body strength and removes constipation in a natural way.
YOU CAN CLICK ON THE LINK TO READ MORE