Sketch of the team logo.
- Almond leaves are great for the skin. If you add almond oil or almond milk to your skincare regime, it will make your skin softer, more supple and flawless. You can also massage almond oil into your skin.
- Almonds contain minerals like potassium, folic acid, protein, mono saturated fats and vitamin E. One ounce of almonds contains 35 percent of the daily intake of vitamin E. Vitamin E is believed to protect the body’s cells from cancer, heart disease, and aging. Hence eating them can significantly reduce your chances of heart diseases.
- If you are in the habit of consuming cups of coffee and energy drinks to get a boost of energy, try eating almonds instead! Riboflavin, copper and manganese in the nuts will give you stamina.
- Like blueberries and pomegranates, almonds are superfoods that can help reduce weight significantly. Drink unsweetened almond milk for faster weight loss.
- Almonds regulate your blood pressure because they are high in potassium and low in sodium. They also help in keeping your cholesterol levels in check.
- Studies carried out by the American Institute for Cancer Research and the World Cancer Research Fund have revealed that almonds had several substances as their chemical constituents which could be useful in the prevention of cancer.
Uses of almond oil:
Indians believe that use of almond oil has following benefits:
• Strengthens brain and nerves, is a nutrient,
• Relieves tension
• Strengthens brain power
• Good for heart
• Keeps body warm in winter
• Nourishes skin
• Prenatal and postnatal care
• Helps build stronger bones as it contains higher content of Ca, Fe and P
• Good for infants
• Improves body strength and removes constipation in a natural way.
YOU CAN CLICK ON THE LINK TO READ MORE
Almond nut testing by Dr Bassey. A Geneticist from the department of Crop science University of Uyo
This project has to be sustained, and this how we going about that while we are gathering the fruits from the wild for processing, we are also working with Breeders and Geneticist from the
Department Of Crop Science,
Faculty Of Agriculture
University Of Uyo Akwa-Ibom State,
To work on the improved Variety of the almond fruit so as to improve the growth rate compared to the one available in the wild, which takes more longer years to mature and start producing fruits, and also help to increase the nut size.
All this are been done to help meet the food, nutritional and environmental demand for the growing population.
plans are been made to fabricate an almond shelling machine in Nigeria, currently we are working with NCAM (National Center For Agricultural Mechanization) to help us build a prototype sheller for the fruits, while we are using the manual process.