Post it ideas, questions and problems by Intelligent productions.
In order to know the details of dairy production systems and the perspectives of Indian small holder dairy farmers, our team interviewed a dairy farmer. We also asked their opinion on the idea our team is pitching for the TFF Challenge. Please click on the link above for the detailed interview.
Dairy chains link the actors and activities involved in delivering milk and milk products to the final consumer; with each activity the product increases in value. Setting up an efficient, hygienic and economic dairy chain is a serious challenge in many developing countries. Among the reasons for this are:
- difficulties in establishing a viable milk collection and transport system because of
the small quantities of milk produced per farm and the remoteness of production
- seasonality of the milk supply
- poor transport infrastructure
- deficiency of technology and knowledge in milk collection and processing
- poor quality of the raw milk
- distances from production sites to processing units and on to consumers
- difficulties in establishing cooling facilities
At Intelligent productions we are aiming to tackle issues related seasonality of milk supply, processing of milk at the farm level and provision of cold storage facilities.