THE REALITY / Published April 13, 2018 by Gerald Kusi Agyei

Gerald Kusi Agyei


Farming is the main source of income for more than 60% of the work force in Africa and it continues to be a major employer; Ghanaian small scale farmers produce 80% of the countries total domestic production, and the remaining 20% comes from farmers with big pockets that have big farmlands and some level of mechanization on their farms.Most of these small scale farmers produce on farmlands less than 5 acres with absolutely no mechanization and quality farm inputs,which results in low yields.
They are generally considered to be poor and uneducated, which makes them unable to purchase the right agricultural inputs and implements to support them on their farms.Malnutrition and poverty continues to fall in countries investing in agriculture. Through the provision of the support farmers need from the beginning of the season to the marketing of produce, farmers will be able to produce more and sell at very cheap prices which will solve the problem of food insecurity and also eradicate poverty