Global summit participation
The Initus Team is going to visit the Global Summit, we hope to see some interesting concepts and debates. Especially the professional feedback, the experts' perspective is going to be one of the most important feature of the event that we look for, it's too valuable of an opportunity to miss.
How complex the problem is?
A great article about the complexity of the exact problem we aim to solve: "Air freighting of green beans from Kenya into the UK was seen as unsustainable because of air miles but it also supports up to 1.5m people and livelihoods in some of the poorest regions of Sub-Saharan Africa. (...) it is day-to-day food waste – both at home and in supply chains – that can make any diet unsustainable whether you choose to be vegan, vegetarian, a meat eater or a combination of these. Different preservation formats can reduce food waste to zero. (...) of course we can source more food locally and seasonally as well as considering preserved options if we want to cut down on air miles."
Human Centered Design at work
Team Initus has just joined "Design Kit: The Course for Human-Centered Design" online course organized by IDEO.org and +Acumen!
Can't wait to explore the benefits of HCD presented by professionals :)
Our resources for the development of the concept and product:
- FAO world hunger map 2015, FAO Statistics Division
- SOFI 2015
- FAO Sustainable Development Goal Indicators
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Dietary protein quality evaluation in human nutrition - Report of an
FAO Expert Consultation, ISBN: 978-92-5-107417-6
- Nutritional composition and antinutritional factors of chickpeas (Cicer arietinum L.) undergoing different cooking methods and germination. DOI: 10.1023/A:1013189620528
- The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design, ISBN: 978-0-9914063-1-9
- Stanford d.school Bootcamp bootleg 2010. v2
- Puigjaner, L., Heyen, G.: Computer Aided Process and Product Engineering, ISBN: 978-3-527-30804-0
- Röös, E.: Analysing the Carbon Footprint of Food, Doctoral Thesis, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences Uppsala 2013.
- FAOSTAT database
- Wikimedia Commons